CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh how I wish I could dye...


I had my third retightening in early April and had taken these pictures to post. I had what I thought was a failed dye job right before my installation, but I can see spots throughout my hair that are a little lighter than others, especially in my pre-retightening picture. Now I could try to dye my hair to get it all one color... but I think I need to let my locs mature for a while longer before adding color. I found a few tips for natural highlights on lock it up (chamomile tea or black coffee?) that I may try over the summer.

10 comments:

LockedJewel7 said...

Hello...I can totally relate...I called myself dying my hair a golden bronze as you can see not even close...LOL only my root got alittle tint...oh well..next time!
Best of luck with you next application.

Anonymous said...

Aww I had my hair dyed when I was wearing a TWA...while color looks god n locks I am so afraid of changing the texture of my locks. Your hair looks great though please if you try the natural highlighting methods let me know how it worked.

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I love the look of your new blog, BTW. The color looks nice as it is, but I know about the itch to color! Just be glad that you don't have to cover gray hair!

NappTown said...

First of all your hair looks great. Second of all I am like salt n pepper diva, at least you don't have to worry about covering grey. :-) I want to dye so bad I can taste it. It will definately change the texture of your hair so be careful. Blessings....

Allecia said...

Lockedjewel- Dye that doesn't take is frustrating. I won't be trying another application for at least 6 months if ever.

Charity- I think I am going to try some of the natural techniques before I head to the beach. We'll see what happens.

S&P- Thanks! I was ready for a change somewhere, if not on my head. But you wouldn't be S&P if you didn't have gray hair!

Napptown- Thank you for the compliment. I worry about the texture change and drying so I don't know if I'll ever color.

SisterlocksMD said...

I have been thinking about dying my hair as well, but think I'll wait a while before I do. You should try going to a salon that has experience dying locs.

Happiest Nappy said...

Allecia,

Thank you for visiting my blog. I am proud of you for going after your academic goal. Yes, I am aiming for Clinical Psychology. Your Locks are pretty! What kind of dye do you use?

Allecia said...

Sisterlocksmd- I agree. I think it seems crazy to let someone who has never touched natural Black hair, much less locs dye my hair. My mom took me to get a relaxer at a random non-Black salon once and that did not turn out very well.

Happiestnappy- I used Dark and Lovely dye. I want to say it was the sunkissed brown color but even with leaving it on for an hour, it definitely did not turn out remotely brown.

z said...

Allow your hair to mature first because I didn't and my hair bunched up a great deal. It's better now but it was a problem at first.

Allecia said...

Dewdrop-- I'm not as DIY savy as you are so I wouldn't even know how to fix bunching. I'll definitely wait until I at least reach 1 year before I dye.