I was getting REALLY bored with my hair after 3 months of freestyling. I hadn't done anything with my hair since New Year's. So a week or so ago, I decided to give my bendable curlers a try. The results were ok but it barely lasted two days. The first picture was day 1, the second was day 2. (I don't know why my eyes look so crazy in these thumbnails).
--
This past weekend, I ran my second half marathon and then went to meet some college friends for a long weekend in Vegas. I decided to try bantu knots again since I liked the curl it gave my hair for New Year's. The initial results were a little crazy so I threw the headband on to try to conceal it but by day 2, I thought my hair was pretty cute. The curls held up through the race and through my weekend in Vegas. The second picture was taken at 4 days. I think I need to try Lottabody or something because I don't know how other people's curls are lasting for weeks at a time.



.jpg)

5 comments:
I actually love the size of your sisterlocs, they don`t look thin and scraggly like some that are very thin. The style also suits your face.
I tried lottabody but it really dried my traditional locs. I use soft spike rollers and dry them under a dryer for about 20 mins. I don`t use any products when I curl anymore. I just spray with some natural oils and thats it. They will start dropping by about the 5th day but even at day 7 they still look nice and wavy.
Thanks for the tip and compliment Kathryn! I do have a mixture of natural oils that I spritz on my scalp sometimes. I'll have to try using that the next time I style my hair.
Your curls came out great. Try soft spikes, I absolutely lovem`!
Lovin the styling, I'm thinking about trying the loc loops myself.
Thanks Lakia and Naseema! Maybe I'll get soft spikes or loc loops as a 6 month present to myself.
Post a Comment