CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

It's My Birthday!


Or at least yesterday was. DH and I went out to a nice restaurant, Kai, on a reservation not far from us. We took these pictures after dinner since I was running very late after picking up this cute pink dress from Ann Taylor about 20 minutes before we were supposed to be leaving the house. The food was good and the service was amazing. We had to wait a few minutes for our table so they brought us an amuse. Then they brought us a small soup tasting, bread, and a small taste of lamb loin before our meal (none of them ordered). I had pork three ways and DH had buffalo. The braised pork belly was a little too salty for my liking but otherwise the meal was good. And they had chocolate souffle which is my favorite dessert. The nicest part was that when we went to get our car from valet (which was complimentary), our car was already waiting at the front door and the waiter had left us a hand written note on the dashboard saying thanks for coming , along with a box of chocolates and 2 bottles of Voss water. Definitely the best service we've had at any restaurant.
As for my hair, this was a 1 week old "cornrow braid out." I just spritzed my hair with lotta body, made five big cornrows and slept with them in overnight. After Dewdrop's post, I figured I'd prefer this look to the usual braid out.

8 comments:

Kandgoods said...

Hey pretty in pink. A belated happy bithdayyyy to you! And the braidout definately looks cute! In response to putting on weight when fasting, it's because alot of ppl eat late in the evening(breaking the evening fast)and so they don't digest the food properly, in addition they sit down and do nothing and then go to bed. So you have to watch what you eat in the evening. I try to steer away from carbs but so often that isn't the case. Pasta is nice! hehe

CarmenNC said...

Happy Birthday and many more! Thank you for sharing the pictures of Morocco. My aunt's husband is from there. She learned how to embroider when she went to visit and made me the prettiest napkins. I'm tagging you, so please stop by my blog for the rules.

brunsli said...

Happy birthday! You look stunning.

ja stu sisterlock journey said...

Happy belated Bday, hope you had a good time.

Naseema said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chica! BTW... you've been tagged. Check out my blog for the rules

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Happy belated Birthday!
Your hair looks just wonderful and you inspired me to do a braid out today.
You had a busy and wonderful summer with your DH! Thanks for posting pics of Morocco, I have always wanted to go there accompanied of course!

Allecia said...

Thanks for all of the birthday wishes! Now I just have to come up with something interesting about myself to write about since i've been tagged.

Naturally Sophia said...

Happy Belated BDay! I did not realize our bdays were so close.