Not exactly. But I have been busy and somehow the time just flew by. In early February, I was in Albuquerque for a few days at a psychology conference. The best part of the conference was that I met another grad student who has sisterlocks. She's the first person I've seen with sisterlocks outside of my consultants clients. And it turns out that another friend of mine went to undergrad with her and knows her-- small world I guess. So now I have a sisterlocked friend in psychology.
My hair is definitely locking. I can't stretch my locks as far as I used to be able to. It's exciting. I've decided not to curl or style my hair for the next few months to hopefully speed the locking process along. The only down side is that my hair grows VERY slowly. At this point, I'm trying 9 weeks between retightenings, but given the growth I see that other people have between retightenings, I swear I could go 12 weeks. Here's a picture of me at 7 weeks, the night before my first retightening. Not much growth, right? Oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait a few years to see much change. 
2 comments:
Before you know it, you'll look up and your hair will be down your back. My sister and I experienced major growth spurts around year 2. I guess it differs for everyone. Enjoy the journey! Looking good!!!!
Thanks for the support Maryee!
Post a Comment