CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

To dye or not to dye

My consultant said that it was ok to dye my hair and I'd like to.... but I'm scared! I haven't dyed my hair since 7th grade, and even then I think I used a semi-permanent color (which my mother hated). I always bought colored hair when I had my hair braided (usually a 4 and a 30 mixed) but that wasn't permanent. I really like Chocolocs' color- a warm brown with very slight highligting (though the highlights may just be the end result of coloring over time). My consultant recommended I go to Toni and Guy hair academy but I'm worried that a less than stellar student will be assigned to do my hair and that something awful will happen, like my hair will be fried and will start to break and fall out. That's probably extreme. I just don't want to get into a cycle of having a bad dye job and then trying to dye it again to cover up the color. I guess we'll have to see what rash decisions I make over the next few weeks.

3 comments:

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

My consultant told me that it would be ok if I were to dye my hair, but only right before I see her. So I have a about a month to make a decision. I was going to go to my stylist who took care of my permed hair. She is fine with my locks and said that she could dye locks. I've got some time, let me know what your decide.

Lakia said...

I want to dye my hair too. It probally won't be until I am over my one year mark. But I am scared that my hair will lose its luster. My consultants brother works at a salon and dyes all of her clients locks. He does a great professional job too.

Allecia said...

Salt-n-pepper and Lakia,

I may have to wait until you two dye your locs before I work up the courage to do mine!