It's been a fast three weeks! I think I'm having some slippage mainly near the crown but my consultant didn't seem too worried so I guess she'll take care of it when I see her next month. I tried my first braid out (red-shirt picture). I definitely can see more length in the back with the braid out. It took a while to do though, in addition to the time it took me to carefully remove each braid. I think it'll be a while before I try it again.
I'm still somewhat anxious about the number of locks I have. I know that it's probably a silly thing. When my consultant and I talked about size, I mentioned another clients' locks that I had only seen once as she didn't provide any other points of reference. I'm sure I would still like the size of her locks- she had a gorgeous thick head of locks. I was just surprised that I ended up with less than 400, as I have decently thick hair and I've never considered myself to have a small head. I have to confess that I've been looking at others' installation pictures and comparing the number of locks they have per row and the number of rows within a section to mine. It's probably not the best thing to do. I'm just concerned about the final size of my locks. I would just hate to go through this process and find that my locks are significantly larger than I had hoped for. I guess it's something I'll have to discuss the next time I see my consultant.

3 comments:
Doesnt it feel good to experiment with your new locks :) Keep enjoying your hair :)
Nice! And it only took six hours. My retightenings last longer than that...lucky you!
I want my loc's to look like yours, eventually. You had so much more length to loc that I did.
I have been having slippage especially in the back, but my consultant seem to expect that because of the length.
I haven't had the desire to count them as yet, maybe at my first wash.
Your hair and the way your loc's frame your face is beaytiful!
Post a Comment