CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 4, 2007

One week with sisterlocks

I'm at the end of my first week in my sisterlocks journey. My head itches and normally I'd just scratch it but I'm trying to be gentle with my hair. My hair seems to get shorter and shorter by the day but other people keep telling me that it's in my head. Lots of people were surprised to see me with short hair. Some people really seemed to like it. I got two weird comments-- One girl asked me how I felt about my new hair and when I asked what she meant by that she said that sometimes women change their hair and have regrets. Another girl asked if I liked my hair. Both questions threw me off. Like as if they expected me to say that I didn't like my hair or that I had regrets. I was probably being overly sensitive but they both annoyed me. Oh well, so goes life. I'm happy with my sisterlocks and it's kind of nice having short hair for a change. I just keep telling myself that it's like on ANTM when Tyra cuts girls hair short or has them go completely bald. You still have to be fierce as Tyra says, even when you think you look like a little boy.

2 comments:

Lakia said...

Congrats on making it to week one. Sometimes you'll get those remarks, but as long as you are comfortable with the decision of getting sisterlocks, then you will be just fine. Believe me, those ladies who made those same comments will be the same ones that will be loving your hair! I gaurantee!!!

Ms Stella said...

One week in and I hope the transition is getting easier. I got a few comments in the beginning too but, it didn't matter to me because I was focused on the Big Picture. A head full of healthy, growing hair that's all mine! You know what you're cultivating on top of your head so don't let the nay sayers in your head.