Clearly this was a special occasion because my hair is not likely to be styled these days. I think this was a braid out. I like the look but find that it doesn't last as long as soft spikes and it seems to take just as long to do. But the real reason I chose this picture is that my sister, the one who was really not a fan of my hair initially, now has sisterlocks. Go figure. She is a get up and go kind of person so I think having sisterlocks suits her life style. My consultant also does her hair and always comments on how different our hair types are. My sister's hair is softer so she always has slippage around her edges. I think she must be nearing her 1 year lockversary and she still has a few locks that come out of the pattern in between retightenings. But all in all, I think she's really enjoying her lock journey.

2 comments:
Looks nice, very nice! :)
Isn't it amazing when one of the "nay-sayers" to natural hair, actually goes natural. ;)
That happend to my BFF who I tried to convince for the last few years that natural hair is for her! She finally did a BC this spring and rocks a TWA.
Take Care~
Hey Allecia I hope you and your family are doing well. Just popped over to your blog to see how you and your sisterlocs were doing!
Post a Comment