I now have..... 500ish locs. I counted 500 but it's a little more difficult to count locs when some are very short so maybe a few more maybe a few less. I think that overall my hair looks basically the same, maybe a little fuller. Here are some recent pics. The first was taken shortly after I had washed my hair. The second is one of my favorite styles lately. I have variations of pinning back the sides-- sometimes just one side, sometimes I pull my bangs back too. The only drawback is that I find that the bobby pins eventually start to hurt, which is probably a sign that I'm pinning those sections a little too tight to my scalp.
On another note, my little guy Pepe isn't doing well. He has been having seizures. The vet suspects that valley fever has disseminated to his brain or he has a brain tumor. I'm hoping that it's valley fever (a fungus that grows in the soil in the southwest) and he's able to fight his way through this. Please send good thoughts his way.

9 comments:
Your hair looks great. I hope your split locks do well. Is there a cure for valley fever? I hope Pepe does okay.
Your hair is beautiful and I'm so glad that you're happy with the outcome! And poor Pepe, i pray that he makes a speedy recovery
Your locks looks really nice.
I have only seen locks split once before. Your locks look fabulous! I hope Pepe will be ok. :)
Thanks for all of the well wishes for Pepe. There isn't a cure for valley fever but it can be treated. Unfortunately, the medication doesn't get to it very easily when it's in the brain so we're keeping our fingers crossed. We've gone 1 full week without a seizure (we spent the previous 2 Thursday nights at the emergency vet) so we think he's doing well.
The hair looks really good, and I really do hope little Pepe gets better. Some people don't realise how much a part of the family pets really are!! x
Hi Allecia, I'd like to know how Pepe's doing?
Thanks Kandgoods!
Leah-- Thanks so much for asking. He has gone without a seizure for 4 weeks now. Today is his first day off of the anti-inflammatory steroid he had been taken, which we assume was helping to reduce whatever swelling there was in his brain and stopping the seizures. We're hoping that the valley fever medication has made its way to his brain and started controlling the infection but right now we really don't know. So we will see how the next week goes. But he's getting more energy back and playing with his toys again so we're taking that as a good sign. Thanks again for asking!
Oh I hope that he is better now, he's a cutie tho.
Your locs looks wonderful too. I also like the highlights. I have to stop cutting mines.lol
Post a Comment