My hair has actually grown quite a bit. My birthday picture from last year was deceiving. I guess it was just an odd angle. These pictures were actually taken 1 day shy of 1 year apart. And if my memory serves me well, both were taken shortly after washing my hair. So, my hair is in fact longer than it was at this time last year.
I'm also trying out Aveda's Brilliant shampoo. The salespeople told me it would be good for clarifying and reducing product buildup, not that I've used any product in my hair as of late, but it seems like a good quality for a locking shampoo to have. I am getting some shampoo buildup in my locs though. I'm not sure if it was one bad rinsing or if I'm consistently not getting the shampoo out of select locs. I previously used Suave clarifying and occasionally a moisturizing shampoo that my hairstylist recommended. After the first wash, I didn't notice much difference. The shampoo kind of smells like plants-- I don't know yet if that's a good thing or a bad thing. DH said he felt like it left his hair much cleaner than his usual shampoos so I'm sure it does something, I just couldn't tell. I'll have to pay more attention during my wash this weekend.


2 comments:
WOW, my my your hair has grown! I definitely envy you, it looks so uniform and neat. How I want my hair to look one day!
Thanks! I think this picture may also be deceiving. My hair is far from uniform and neat! Here I am envying your locs! But thanks so much for the compliment.
Post a Comment