DH asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday (which was 2 months ago almost to the day), and I decided that I wanted to take a flying trapeze class. So we finally went to the class last night and I'm so glad we did it. It was so much fun and so very tiring. My arms and legs are really sore today. We had a quick 3 minute schpeel on what we were going to do and then they immediately got us up and going. We both thought we'd build up to doing tricks but right away (I mean on the first jump) we jumped off the platform, got our legs up on the bar, let go of the bar and reached out with our hands as if someone was going to catch us, got our hands back on the bar, took our legs off, and did a rotating dismount. It sounds crazy but they yell instructions to you the whole time. You just have to listen and react. We did that sequence maybe 5 times and then they got a second guy up there to catch us. It looked just like this video except that I actually caught my bar again! DH wasn't able to get back onto his bar. I woke up at 5 am this morning and was thinking, why didn't we just put our camera on video mode and tape it????? It was really hard to get pictures since it was dark and the lights were bright but I guess we have our memories, and it was so much fun we may go again after my body heals.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Guess what I did!
DH asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday (which was 2 months ago almost to the day), and I decided that I wanted to take a flying trapeze class. So we finally went to the class last night and I'm so glad we did it. It was so much fun and so very tiring. My arms and legs are really sore today. We had a quick 3 minute schpeel on what we were going to do and then they immediately got us up and going. We both thought we'd build up to doing tricks but right away (I mean on the first jump) we jumped off the platform, got our legs up on the bar, let go of the bar and reached out with our hands as if someone was going to catch us, got our hands back on the bar, took our legs off, and did a rotating dismount. It sounds crazy but they yell instructions to you the whole time. You just have to listen and react. We did that sequence maybe 5 times and then they got a second guy up there to catch us. It looked just like this video except that I actually caught my bar again! DH wasn't able to get back onto his bar. I woke up at 5 am this morning and was thinking, why didn't we just put our camera on video mode and tape it????? It was really hard to get pictures since it was dark and the lights were bright but I guess we have our memories, and it was so much fun we may go again after my body heals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
WOW! Sounds exciting. Better you than me though I thinkmy stomach and nerves probably would have gotten the best of me.
Sounds really exciting,glad u enjoyed.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
It was exciting! Funny that you mentioned your stomach Sophia. Another woman was there just practicing and was complaining that her stomach hurt because she didn't eat early enough.
Post a Comment