CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Ridiculousness of My Computer Situation



As I mentioned below, I've been working nonstop on a grant proposal. I've also been writing a book with a professor on gender disparities (it is not a happy topic to say the least). So, I've been spending A LOT of time in front of the computer. In the last month or so, it's really been getting to me. After a few hours in front of the computer, my eyes and head hurt, and especially when I'm in my office, I just start to feel sick (probably the fluorescent lights). I think I'm experiencing what is known as computer eye strain. I asked around to see what home-grown remedies are out there and someone suggested wearing a hat. Well, with my growing sisterlocks, hats just do not fit on my head anymore and if they do, they squeeze and give me a headache. I remembered that I have an old visor so I put that on, but because I have to wear it so loose with my puff of hair, the velcro at the back was exposed and ripped some of my loose ends out. So finally I ended up covering the velcro part of the visor with a cloth swatch, and this is how I've been sitting in front of my computer. I get irritated after a while of having the visor on and take it off to rub my forehead so I couldn't even begin to tell you if it works or not. In the meantime, I just look silly when I'm working.




5 comments:

Sogolocs said...

Have you tried dimming your screen so it isn't so bright ? I had the same problem and sunglasses even helped. Keep on writing that proposal....

Allecia said...

Hmm. Maybe I'll give that a try, though I've also heard to be sure that the screen isn't too dim. I ordered a glare reduction filter yesterday so I'm really hoping that does the trick.

Anonymous said...

The glare filder did wonders for me. You might also try lighting up behind your computer screen, like the wall behind it, for example.

Allecia said...

Sunsail- I think I'm going to have to try that with my office computer. My glare filter came today so I may be toting it back and forth to work.

hj45uyb4uy45yv3tv3wetfcv5j76 knn7 said...

Your hair looks really lovely...Many Blessings!