Unfortunately, unlike Brunsli, I seem to never have internet access while I'm traveling so I didn't get to update my blog most of the summer. DH and I spent two weeks at his parents house on Martha's Vineyard (with no internet access) and then two weeks in Morocco (with very limited internet access). But that just means that I have lots of great pictures saved up.
I have had an ongoing problem with getting shampoo out of my hair. Yes, I dilute my shampoo and yes, I spend an ample amount of time rinsing (I've spent 20 minutes just rinsing!). And yet I have never been able to get shampoo out my locs so I now do an ACV rinse after washing to get the shampoo out. This summer, DH suggested I try his parents outdoor shower which I had never even showered in before because it kind of scared me (check out the picture) and I thought I would be cold. Not only was I not cold but my hair felt the cleanest it has in the last 9 months and it was actually kind of refreshing to be outside on a warm day. Now if only I could get my shower in AZ to do the same. I either need a water purifier for our hard water (which seems like a big investment for my hair) or better water pressure or most likely both. Maybe I'll put a water purifier and new shower head on my Christmas wish list.
I figured I'd add a hair picture from Martha's Vineyard. We went to the beach, hence the need for me to wash my hair.
.jpg)
Friday, August 8, 2008
The best shower ever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Ooooo, Allecia you are a traveller--a world traveller even. ME TOO! Or at least I used to be before I became "3girlsmomma."
Hard water issues can be very harsh and challenging for anybody's skin and haircare-- particularly loc'd hair. I used to live in Tampa, FL and wow was the water hard there. It even had an odor at times...yuck!
I must say I kinda feel you and that shower arrangement lookin' at that pic...but, I'm glad it worked out for ya!
Oh and thx for your compliment on my Natural Journeys - My Sisterlocks YouTube video. (I'm proud of it. My husband took some nice pics of me in our laundry room/photo studio and that Animoto site just took my pics to another level.)
Your hair is beautiful as well... right now. I'm very sure that your hair will be beautiful at your 3 year mark! Check out my humble beginnings http://public.fotki.com/Bigab/sisterlock-pictures/kecia-w/page2.html
BTW, I can't wait see your travel pics on Animoto. That would be pretty cool.
I must say I would trade places with you right now! Hard water and all included. Don't you look free and peaceful!
3girlsmomm- we are trying to travel as much as possible before we have 2 girls of our own. I'll have to get some Morocco pictures up sometime this week.
Sophia- I'd like to trade my current hot Phoenix weather for that day at the beach on Martha's Vineyard! No water in sight here.
Yes, yes, the outdoor shower is definitely scary flip-flop worthy. Why is the water different from the water in the house? Is it rainwater or something?
Yes, yes, the outdoor shower is definitely scary flip-flop worthy. Why is the water different from the water in the house? Is it rainwater or something?
Sunsail- It's the same water as the water inside their house but the water pressure is better outside for some reason, which seems to make all the difference in getting shampoo out.
looking forward to the pics form morroco.
I've taken out the water limiter in my showerhead. Otherwise, I'd never be able to rinse my hair.
Oops, did I say I? I meant dh.
Brunsli- Thanks for the tip. I'm definitely going to have to try that.
Post a Comment