My bantu knots are not curling! In fact, they seem like they're not drying overnight. I usually spritz with a little water, the more water the curlier they come out. I did one set in Connecticut and only a few sections weren't curly and a little damp but I also did the knots a little larger so I chalked it up to that. Now I'm visiting DH's parents on Martha's Vineyard (small island off of Massachusetts) and my hair is definitely not drying overnight and no curls. Boo! I even tried blow drying the knots this morning to see if that would help but not so much. I'm clearly not in Arizona anymore. Any coastal ladies out there with tips for getting curls in humid, moist weather? Or is freestyling just the way to go?
In the meantime, my 8 month lockversary is tomorrow. What a quick 8 months it's been! And DH and I ran our third half marathon last Sunday. I have pictures to post but of course I left my usb cord in CT so I won't be able to post any pictures until next week.
Friday, June 27, 2008
What is up with New England?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Happy eight month to you. I love to run myself so I hope that the race was a smooth run.
Thanks Sez. The race was good. I'm looking forward to the next one.
Congratulations on your 8 months and on finishing your 1/2 marathon. I used to be a runner too and hope to get back into it someday.
I can't help you much on the humidity thing. I usually use my Caruso curlers but because they give you a very loose curl, my curls only last for a day.
Allecia,
Living in Chandler Arizona, I have not found many stylists that do sister locks. Can you tell me where you went and if you recommend them in AZ?
Happy, nappy, & free-- it always takes me a while to get back into running after a long break. But once I get into and commit to running a race, it helps to keep me going.
Anonymous-- My consultant is Mae Jackson. She's not listed on the website but has been doing sisterlocks for 8+ years and does it full time. She's very fast (my retightenings take 1 hr 10 mins) and flexible with scheduling. Email me at allecia2211 at yahoo.com if you'd like her contact information.
Post a Comment