DH finally made us appointments to see a dentist (it only took a year of nagging) and I was shocked to see that 1) She was black and 2) She has sisterlocks. I've just never had a Black dentist before and definitely didn't expect to have one in Scottsdale. She's also probably the most personable dentist I've ever been to. So we both went in for initial consultations and immediately after I said "I think she has sisterlocks." DH told me he hadn't noticed (go figure) but that he'd look when he went back a few days later. Of course he came home and told me that she didn't have sisterlocks. When I saw her again the following week, she asked immediately who did my hair. Turns out that we go to the same consultant, as does another one of her dental clients. She is clearly a very intelligent hard working woman. You go Dr. Sanford!
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I think that's cool. It's always nice to be able to connect with your doctor or dentist on levels other than what your visit is for. See if she'll let you get a snapshot next time. Thanks for sharing!!
Ha! How cool!
Really cool!
Maryee-- I will have to remember to bring my camera during my next visit. After not seeing a dentist for a few years, I will be seeing her a few more times before the year is up!
I know how you feel...Sunday I was in church and for the first time someone ask who did your sisterlocks. Usually people say I like your twist. I live in AZ too...who is your consultant? I went to my second consultant and wasn't too happy, so I am looking for another consultant in AZ.
Gena- I left a post on your blog but just in case you don't get notification of new comments... My consultant is Mae Jackson. She's not listed on the website but has been doing sisterlocks for 8+ years and does it full time. She's very fast (my retightenings take 1 hr 10 mins) and flexible with scheduling. Email me at allecia2211 at yahoo.com if you'd like to call her.
Post a Comment