CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 4, 2008

First Sisterlocks Sighting!

I was in the graduate college today waiting for them to figure out where my documents were (that was fun), and a young woman named Regina called me over. I thought she was going to ask me about my thesis or something. Instead she asked who did my hair. She had her hair under a very pretty wrap so I couldn't see her hair, but she told me all about the trials and tribulations of styling her natural hair. She asked about wax and twisting but did say she'd checked out the sisterlocks website so I'm not sure how far she was into her research. I passed along my consultant's information, told her to join Lockitup, and wished her luck in her process. That's the first time anyone has asked who does my hair since I've had SLs so I thought, "my hair must look pretty decent today." I immediately called DH on my walk back across campus and told him about it. Let's just say, he wasn't as excited as I was that someone asked about my hair, but he at least appreciated that I was happy. Now the fact that they couldn't find the documents I submitted for format review 2 weeks ago is another issue entirely.

3 comments:

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Allecia, You have to take the good where you can find it! I too would have been excited if someone asked me about my hair and who does it, so I can understand your excitement.

Lost documents at school, well that's another story.

Vixen said...

Your locks look great! Looks like your hair is growing like a spring flower! Fast and just blooming.

Allecia said...

S-N-P-- I'm glad someone else appreciates the excitement of having someone like your hair. It's like a little ray of sunshine in the day.

Happy, nappy-- I think blooming is the right word! It seems to want to stick out of my head like flower petals these days.