CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Years Resolutions

I generally don't like new years resolutions because well, I'm not very good at following through with them. However, perhaps this public statement of my committment to these resolutions will help me to be diligent in staying the course. And my two resolutions are reasonable and attainable so I'd like to see myself stick with both.

First, I need to consistently exercise and take my vitamins. I'm anemic so I really should take iron on a daily basis but for some reason days and weeks seem to pass with no vitamin intake. As for exercising, DH and I ran a half marathon in June of last year and I was so good about always doing my training runs. We may do another half marathon in May which we wouldnt begin training for until next month but in the meantime, I'm going to try to stick to the first few weeks of the training program. That means running 3 miles three times each week and 2 days of 30 minutes of cross training (riding a bike, walking uphill on a treadmill, etc). I also need to get some strength training in there 2 days each week. Maybe one of these days I'll run a marathon. I just can't imagine doing a 20 mile training run and knowing that I still had 7 more miles to go for the race!

For my second resolution, I need to spend 7 hours each day engaged in some sort of school related activity. I'll count class time on the days when I have class, but on the other days, I really need to focus on my work as though it were a 9-5 job. Looking at blogs and pictures has taken up far too much of my time!! And I'm sure my advisor would agree if she knew how much time I spend in front of a computer not writing, doing research, or working on statistics. Is there a full time job that pays for blog reading and web surfing? I'd be great at it! Considering that I have no clue what I plan to do when I finish my degree, professional web surfing is sounding pretty good.

7 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

Good resolutions! Late is better than never. Good luck to you on them.

Journeii said...

We do have a lot in common! I was actually thinking about pursuing a doct's in social psych. Right now I'm applying to Southern CT to pursue my master's in clinical psych.We should arrange a sisterlock gathering it would be fun!

Good luck on your resolutions :)

Allecia said...

Thank you both for the well wishes... so far I'd give myself a 6 for my efforts in sticking to both. I guess trying is better than doing nothing at all!

z said...

I wanted to encourage you and let you know that you can do this. Just take it one day at a time. I'm a runner myself and am currently training for the LA Marathon (in California) in March. I ran a 1/2 and a full for the first time last year and I became hooked. If you try alternating your workouts then you will be less bored, for example I went for a hike today....in the rain (it rained on my way back down the mountain, but it was refreshing and beautiful)!

Allecia said...

Thanks for the encouragement Dewdrop! Maybe I'll make the step up to marathons one of these days.

Lakia said...

I got tagged, so now I am tagging you. Check out my blog at
http://lakialocs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.