CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy New Year!


I spent a lovely, cold 3 weeks between CT and Mass. It was nice to spend time with my nephews and DH's family. I got a sewing machine for Christmas, which I'm excited to use though I'm not sure what I plan to sew. Maybe curtains or some throw pillows if we ever work on decorating our apartment.

DH and I spent new years eve in Boston with some friends. I had put my hair in nubian knots (or chiney bumps as we called them when I was a little girl in Jamaica) two days before. The curls seemed to be falling so I did nubian knots again the night before new years and kept them in all day, until around 5 pm (it was somewhere on the Mass Pike about an hour from Boston when I decided to take them down). I think it came out really cute. Unfortunately when I woke up the next day my curls were no more. Maybe spritzing with water beforehand would help it to last longer. I'm trying not to pull on my hair so much so that it will hopefully lock faster- I'm always stretching my locks trying to figure out when I'll get my length back. Maybe taking my hands out of my hair for at least 10 minutes each day should be my new years resolution.

9 comments:

CardioBunny said...

Hi Allecia, it looks like your SLs are progressing nicely. It looks like they're starting to swell a bit and the shape of your hair is really cute.

I just starting sewing in December (I've had my sewing machine for like 5 years though LOL). I'd love to see any projects that you complete.

Allecia said...

southerngirl- I think you're right. I've been looking at my hair all day agonizing over the size of my locks. I've always feared that they were too big and today they were looking particularly big. I was thinking they hadn't started to bud or swell yet and was fretting over how big they would be in the end but maybe they are changing and I just need to wait this out. You've given me some encouragement!

Lakia said...

Your locks are looking good. Change is a good thing. I love sewing... unfortunately my sewing machine is broken. I had it for about 13 years. I gotta invest in a new one because I am thinking about making some throw pillows. I used to make daughters dresses too.

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Your locks look beautiful and you look radiant with your DH! I am glad that your holidays went well, just to repeat..."gotta love family"...can kill 'em 'cause then you would go to jail!

Allecia said...

Lakia-Thanks for the encouragement. You are a jack of all trades! I'd like to sew some dresses but I think I need a refresher on sewing 101 first.

Salt-n-pepper- I can always count on you for a few kind words... even when I don't get them from family! But I suppose if I didn't have family to ask what on earth I've done to my hair, my ego would get too big!

z said...

Your sisterlock look beautiful. When I did my 2nd BC, I never trimmed my ends as my hair grew out so that's why my SLs are layered that way. I need to try the chiney bumps too, when I have the time i'll do it. Take advantage of your sewing machine because i've been sewing since I was 5yrs. old and it's so fun because you can be really creative with it. You'll find that it comes in really handy when mending clothes etc. I just used it last year to make curtains for my room and they look great!

SeZ said...

You two make a very cute couple! Your hair is cute two.

Tawanna said...

What a cute couple! Your hair is beautiful! I'm hoping to get sisterlocks in the future too.

Allecia said...

Thanks Tawanna! Please keep me posted on your decision.