To my blog that is. Life has been busy and with the pressures of teaching classes, "working" on a dissertation, writing papers, etc., I feel guilty about devoting time to updating my blog. Then again, I've been spending enough time on facebook these days for 5 people so this update is long overdue.
It seems as though I'm reaching a new stage of peace with my hair. Early on, my hair was short and I really didn't like the way it looked curled so I strictly freestyled. Then I went through a period for about the last year where I would only wear it curled. I thought my hair looked awful if it wasn't curled. Lately, I've definitely come back around on freestyling. I think I just need a little more length to get past the pieces that stick out awkwardly sometimes, but I'm definitely getting there. What do you think? Curled or freestyle?
Now I just have to figure out what to do about these highlights. I had them done in December and there were multiple issues. They came out MUCH lighter than I had wanted. Also, the hairdresser, whose wife has SLs so I thought he'd do a good job, didn't do the color to the roots. It was noticeable then but now the color looks really grown out. It also tends to look a little orangy at times. I've been debating dying my hair all one color for a while but I'm slightly afraid to try to cover the color at home and I don't want to have to keep dying my hair so I don't know what color I'd do anyway. Part of my issue with freestyling was that the highlights make the layers of my hair length very obvious-- and not in a good way, but on the other hand, I also like to have a little color. I'm sure I'll let it go until my hair looks absolutely ridiculous with 6 inches of roots and color on the ends before I finally decide that I have to dye again.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
I'm a bad mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
In all honesty, i think that your hair looks beautiful either way.Glad to see that you're posting again. Looked at your blog as inspiration before i first got my SL in May.
Allecia, your SLs are so pretty!
Thanks for your kind words Chasity and Happiest Nappy!
I think that both styles are gorgeous!! Glad to see you back!!!
I love your locs both ways. I wish I was at the point of freestyling. Your's are lovely.
I like it free style and I like the highlights.
I like them both, but if I had to pick, I prefer the freestyle. It framed your face nicely.
Post a Comment